Oakland’s Premier World Percussion Party!
All-Star Drummers LIVE and UNPLUGGED
Rhythm Cafe Culture: Delicious International Cuisine, Friendly One Love Music Crowd and JAW-DROPPING BEATS.
If you love drums and percussion, the Only-in-Oakland RHYTHM CAFE serves up mouth-watering rhythms and arrangements from Mali, Havana, Brazil, Oakland, Haiti and New Orleans LIVE and UNPLUGGED. Cross-cultural drums and percussion, scintillating solos and arrangements, tremendous energy.
Grammy-nominated Rhythm Cafe artists include:
- Javier Navarette (Aretha Franklin, Poncho Sanchez)
- Edgardo Cambon (Carlos Santana, Eddie Palmieri)
- Patricio Angulo (Fito Reynoso, LoCura)
- Jeff Pierre (Afoutayi, Dance Party, Path of Light)
- Ben Isaacs (Nabi Camara, Pangea)
- Kiazi Malonga (Fua dia Congo)
- Bobby Wallace (Bonnie Riatt, Margareth Menezes)
- Wade Peterson (Rhythm Addicts, Marin Dance Theater)
- John Santos (Dizzy Gillespie, Tito Puente)
RHYTHM CAFE performs in Oakland, CA, the hotbed of Cross Collaboration and Culture
UPCOMING RHYTHM CAFE PERFORMANCES
Join members of Oakland’s renowned Rhythm Cafe percussion ensemble for live percussion performances. Original compositions by the Bay Area’s top drummers and vocalists.
Rhythm Cafe…Where Culture Meets Creativity.
Saturday February 25, 2017 and March 25, 2017
Featuring Ben Isaacs, Javier Navarrette, Bobby Wallace, Patricio Angulo and Jesse Weber.
9:30-10:30pm: Live Percussion and Voice with the Rhythm Cafe Drummers
10:30-11pm: DJ spinning music from Brazil, Cuba, Africa and Oakland
11pm-11:30pm: Live High Energy Drum Hit with the Rhythm Cafe Drummers + Friends
11:30pm – 1am: DJ Dance
Bissap Baobab Senegalese Restaurant
381 15th Street
Cover charge: $10
- Located in resurgent and vitalized downtown Oakland
- Lip-smacking West African food and One Love vibe
- 9:30pm start time…come early for dinner, stay late for dancing!
California Drum & Dance Camp
Wednesday, July 19 – Sunday, July 23, 2017
Take the Journey with Us!
Join percussionists Robert Wallace and Ben Isaacs for an exciting five days / four nights rhythm adventure to the beauty and seclusion of California’s Central Coast. Surrounded by oak and redwood trees, the California Drum & Dance Camp site is a private, 22-acre retreat center located near Pescadero, CA, about 1.5 hrs. south of San Francisco.
Each day, students will be offered over five hours of expert drum/percussion instruction with world-class teachers Robert Wallace (Margareth Menezes, Bonnie Riatt, David Rudder), and Ben Isaacs (Salif Kone, Badu Diop, Naby Bangoura).
Positive, supportive vibe prevails! We are a fun-loving group of adventurous musicians who enjoy learning/teaching and creating an inclusive and dynamic Camp environment.
The California Drum & Dance Camp includes:
- Four Nights Accommodation (bed and camping options)
- Three delicious and nutritious meals a day
- Five hours of Drum Classes per day
- Nightly Jams, hot tub, frisbee, volleyball, ping-pong, hiking, swimming
- All included in the low price of $575!